Saturday, November 1, 2008
Turkey Lots?
As Danny, Colson and I drove through Clovis today, we saw a few pumpkin patches being disassembled and a Christmas tree lot going up. My husband loves Thanksgiving and hates that it gets "skipped" in order for the Christmas merchandise and decorations to have more time in the stores. So he said, "Why don't they have turkey lots?" I said, "Well, it would be kind of hard to keep frozen turkeys outdoors." He said, "No, with live turkeys. You could choose the one you want for Thanksgiving." I replied, "Wouldn't that be fun? 'Hey, kids, let's go on a fun trip to the turkey lot. Who wants to break the turkey's neck?'" That is when my husband realized his vision would probably never become a reality. Can you imagine???
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
So funny! That would be hilarious. I am sure McCain would allow us to do this, not so sure about Obama. You better put in your business permit quick!
I read this to Chuck last night and we had a good laugh. Then today after church there was a pumpkin patch cleaning up and of course we thought of Danny's great idea :)
hahaha oh man. this made me laugh.
Post a Comment