Monday, November 3, 2008

99 Balloons

I have watched this video twice, and I have sobbed twice. It's a dad's video journal of his son's life, a baby born with an incurable disease. He wasn't supposed to live long, but he defied the odds. If you watch all six minutes, I guarantee that you will want to hug your children and praise God for every second you have had with them. The good news is, this couple gave birth to Elliot's little sister about a month ago. They are an inspiration and a visual example of the hope we have in Christ no matter what we face in life.

3 comments:

Sara said...

I saw it last week too! Made me so grateful to deal with potty training, spit up and blow out diapers. Just what I needed!

Unknown said...

Too scared to watch, cleaning barf today. I appreciate the runny noses, loads of poopy diapers and literally 12 loads of laundry today. It is too sad to think of not having barf to clean up after or laundry to fold. Oh! I am off to lysol some more. Thanks for the reminder.

Dominique James said...

oh my gosh...i saw this video a couple times too...and i lost it. The parents had a great hope in christ though, which is encouraging.