My son loves our dog. He loves her so much that he copies things she does. For example, he watched her bark at birds, so now he barks at birds. He watched her drink water from her bowl, so he tried to drink water from her bowl. He watched her spin in circles, so he began to spin in circles. But here's the best one: he watched Rory go to the bathroom on the lawn, so now he goes to the bathroom on the lawn. I am not kidding; I have pictures to prove it. It began because he always wants to be next to Rory, even when she's going to the bathroom. I started to tell him to walk away from her because she was going to the bathroom. He then started grunting, "Eh?" in a questioning voice and squatting next to her. I told him, yes, like that. Well, now when we're outside, he'll go to the lawn and squat and when I check his diaper, he has indeed gone to the bathroom. And it's not just in our backyard. We were walking around Riverpark the other day when he suddenly stopped and squatted on a patch of grass. Ah, I'm so proud of him! I think I'll put a bell on our back door and teach him to ring it when he needs to go out and then I can say he's potty-trained! Or, to be more accurate, housebroken.



He's on the cement because he kept getting up to follow Rory
3 comments:
That is so funny! Such a "boy" thing to do! LOL
Steve and I are laughing out loud!! This is too funny! His face is all scrunched up in the pictures and the fact that he did it on a patch of grass at Riverpark is hysterical! Great story =)
LOL! That is AWESOME!
I think you should really try the bell thing.
Post a Comment