Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Mmm, Mmm Good

I did it! I tried a new recipe. Actually, I've tried a few, but this one is worth sharing. It's super-easy and quite yummy.

Skillet Pesto Tortellini

1 1/4 cups water
1 1/4 cups milk
1 envelope (1.2 oz) creamy pesto sauce mix
1 pkg. (16 oz) frozen vegetable medley
1 pkg. (12 oz) frozen tortellini
Dash ground red pepper
1/2 (2 oz) shredded mozzarella cheese

Blend water, milk, and sauce mix in large deep skillet. Bring to a boil over high heat.
Stir in vegetables, tortellini and ground red pepper; return to a boil.
Cook vegetables and tortellini, uncovered, over med-high heat 8-10 min., or until tortellini is tender and sauce has thickened, stirring occasionally.
Sprinkle with cheese just before serving (makes 4 servings)

2 comments:

Carrie said...

That sounds really good! Although, I'd have to give my kids the pasta minus the pesto sauce because they don't eat anything green unless its name is broccoli.

Anonymous said...

YUM! I think I might have to try this one!