Saturday, March 7, 2009

My New BFF

She didn't say it in so many words, but I'm pretty sure that Lisa Whelchel is now my best friend. I mean, we took a picture together! Okay, maybe she did that for everyone at today's conference. Seriously, Lisa did a fantastic job this morning. She spoke for three sessions on everything from her testimony to finding balance to how she fell in love with her husband, someone she was absolutely sure was wrong for her. It was a refreshing morning! When I first brought her into the church sanctuary, I was just going to get her into a seat and then head back out to work on some last-minute details. But when I told her, "You can sit in this row, or right in front here," she said, "Well, where are you sitting?" It only took me a split second to adjust my priorities and reply, "Right next to you!" Come on - I can work on details anytime; when Blair gives me an opportunity to hang out with her, I'm going to take it!

4 comments:

MamaLieder said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
MamaLieder said...

Yep she is your BFF!

Kelly said...

I was sorry to miss it! You guys certainly look like BFFs, a picture together, both in denim - all it takes! :)

Dawn T said...

You did an awesome job!! Great picture of you and your new BFF