Saturday, March 21, 2009

100 Things

In honor of my 100th post, here's a list of 100 things that I love, in no particular order. If you actually read this through, you deserve a prize. Maybe the unopened sleeve of Thin Mints that are still staring at me as I type this (refer to recent Facebook status).

1)Jesus Christ, the one person worthy of my praise and adoration, who loves me and accepts me

2) My handsome husband who knows my every little quirk

3) My little boy, whose personality blossoms a little more each day

4) Payless Shoes; really, any shoes

5) Reading books on the couch

6) Cold, crisp apple slices

7) Sitting in the sunshine

8) Easter music - nothing gives me chills like when I sing, "He's alive!"

9) Forever friends - people that you know will always be in your life, making it richer. Mine are Rebekah, Leah, and Chyresse.

10) Putting new songs on my iPod

11) Musicals; I'm SO excited to see Wicked in April!

12) Computer fonts

13) Target - no-brainer!

14) Eating out

15) School supplies

16) Organizational containers

17) Peanut butter

18) My parents

19) Polka dots

20) Happy faces (not on people, although those are nice, too. I'm talking about items with happy faces on them)

21) Reading blogs

22) Reading Facebook status updates

23) Taking the bag from the clerk when I've just bought something - such a rush! (unless it is something boring, like a prescription)

24) Hearing my son say "Mommy"

25) Singing worship songs at church, surrounded by choir members and a full orchestra

26) Dancing

27) People magazine

28) The library - how cool is it to get free books and CDs?

29) Heating and air conditioning

30) Jackets; I think I have eleven

31) My nieces and nephews

32) Stationery

33) Children's books - I own between 400-500. I bought them when I was teaching preschool.

34) New York & Company

35) Jamba Juice

36) My sister (and her husband, too, I guess)

37) Writing down things I need to do on Post-Its and throwing them away when I've completed the tasks

38) Singing on Rock Band

39) My SUV (Saturn VUE)

40) Grapes

41) Women's Bible study

42) Talking with other moms

43) Looking at pictures

44) Dance Dance Revolution

45) Bright colors

46) Chick-fil-A

47) Walking into the house and seeing a clean kitchen counter

48) Feeling really good at something (I usually get this feeling when I teach)

49) My husband's family

50) Mad Men

51) Sitting by a warm fire with a mug of hot chocolate

52) Typing

53) My dog, Rory

54) Gilmore Girls, which is why my dog is named Rory

55) The thrill of walking into a clothing store, not knowing exactly what's inside but anticipating that I'll find something fantastic

56) Broccoli cheese soup

57) Romantic comedies

58) Sour candy

59) The beach

60) Slippers

61) The moment when I walk out of Colson's room at naptime and bedtime. I treasure every moment with him, but moms, you know what I'm talking about! That great feeling that "my time" has begun.

62) Compliments

63) The color turquoise

64) Christmas Eve night

65) String cheese

66) Yard sales (having them)

67) Family dinners

68) Bathing suit shopping - ha! Just seeing if you're still with me. Let's replace that with flip-flops

69) The smell in the air when it has just rained

70) Jeans

71) Finding something on sale

72) Pajama pants

73) Reality TV shows with a competition - Design Star, Next Food Network Star, The Biggest Loser, Celebrity Apprentice, Dancing With the Stars

74) Doritos

75) Pasta - almost any kind

76) Hugs, particularly from children

77) Sitting in rocking chairs

78) Saturday mornings

79) A child's laughter

80) Grilled cheese sandwiches with chocolate milk

81) Orange-flavored candy

82) Getting my hair washed at the salon

83) Watermelon

84) Being invited to my parent's house for dinner; it usually happens about the time I'm thinking, "Guess we'll be eating cereal tonight"

85) Psalm 91. My dad read it to me every night while I was going through a phase of being scared of the dark. I can still say every word today.

86) Epidurals

87) Mushrooms

88) Silver -it must be from having silver braces for eight years

89) Ranch dressing

90) Thinking, "this time next week, _____ will be over" or "this time last year, we were ______" when any important event is coming up

91) Cleaning out closets and drawers

92) Gerber daisies

93) Finding new recipes and thinking I'll make them, even though I don't

94) South Beach cereal and snack bars

95) My aunts, uncles, and cousins. They all live on the other side of the U.S, so I don't get to see them nearly as much as I'd like. Thank goodness for facebook!

96) Weddings

97) Knowing that God is in complete control of the future

98) Presents

99) Buying a new calendar and wondering what events will fill up the boxes

100) The smile on my son's face when he sees me walk into the room

4 comments:

jhatwig said...

I LOVE your list! Did I ever tell you I have Dance Revolution for our Wii? Probably not :) I wish I shared your love of organization! I did finally tackle my desk and found a check for $104 from 2007! I guess being organized has some perks(like not losing money)!

Elaine said...

"Finding new recipes and thinking I'll make them, even though I don't" is totally me! I always have the best intentions though. Love the one about walking out of Colson's room at nap and bedtime - SO TRUE on my end as well. It produces an unbelievable feeling of freedom each and every time!

Gayle said...

What a wonderful list Ann-Marie!! I especially love your little notes to see if people are still reading or not, like your bathing suit shopping! I love reading these to get to know people better. Thanks for sharing!

Kelly said...

I DID read them all. Good stuff!