Tuesday, January 13, 2009

A New Favorite

I have a new favorite show. It deals a lot with music, is super-entertaining, and the songs stick in my head all day. Is it American Idol, you ask? No. I'll give you a hint: the theme song starts like this, "We're going on a trip in our favorite rocket ship." Guessed it yet? It's Little Einsteins! I don't CARE if you say it's a show for preschool kids. I'm thrilled with it! Not totally for myself, obviously, but for Colson. What do I love most about it? It could be the fact that they showcase a piece of classical music and a painting on each episode. Maybe it's the fact that they use terms like "adagio" and "forte" when describing speed and volume. It could be that the characters all love music and sing, play instruments and say words like "stupendous" and "fantastic." All of it combines to make a wonderful show that is exposing my son to musical terms and beautiful music. Colson doesn't know that yet; he only knows that he gets to pat his legs and lift his hands up when it's time for Rocket to blast off. But I know that it's going to lay the foundation for some great musical knowledge.



3 comments:

Kelly said...

Oh Ann-Marie - isnt it great! Justus just loves it too. We even have Rocket and the kids. When I want Justus to hurry and do something I sing to him "Allegro - quickly go, dont be slow dont be slow just go allegro" Crazy I know.

Whitney said...

We are big fans too! Hannah always comes up with interesting things to say and more and more often she says she learned it from Little Einsteins!
My cousin is a music teacher and saw it one day, ahe was so excited that Hannah was learning this stuff so young!

Gayle said...

Little Einsteins are great! We've been through that whole phase and my two still enjoy the episodes as well as the books that you can find out there. I love how so much of the kid shows incorporate learning, especially music!