Thursday, January 15, 2009
Conflicting Emotions
Moms - do you ever feel like crying right in the middle of smiling at or laughing with your kids? Sometimes Colson is so CUTE! It just makes me want to cry over how sweet he is, or how he makes a connection in his mind that blows me away. Maybe because I know the moments are passing so quickly, or maybe because it's hard to believe how much he's changed my life in only a short (almost) two years. Every minute of the day is related to him! I was driving in the car the other day and started to point out a bus to him, only to remember that he wasn't in the car with me. (No, I hadn't forgotten him; he was safe with Grandpa). I know people - aka Oprah- say that you're supposed to have your own identity, but I really feel like being a mom is all-consuming. And I, for the most part, like it that way!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Awww...what a sweet post Anne-Marie! I agree how having kids really changes who you want to be and it's a love that is ultimately indescribable! Even when they have thier moments of driving you nuts, you still look at them in utter amazement that they are your child given to you by God! Enjoy it - it just keeps getting better!
Post a Comment