Thursday, January 29, 2009

25 Things About Me

I just posted this on facebook and thought I would share it with you, too. Here is more information than you could possibly want to know about me:

1. When I was two, I ate wild mushrooms in the backyard and had to get my stomach pumped. Strangely enough, I LOVE mushrooms - on pizza, in pasta, in cake. Okay, just kidding about that last one.

2. I own all seven seasons of Gilmore Girls. It's pretty much the best show ever. Thanks, Danny, for telling me about it after watching an episode and realizing that I would love it!

3. I do not like any condiments on my burgers - no mustard, mayo, lettuce, tomato, or onion. In fact, besides lettuce in salad, I do not eat any of the other items. Ever. Period.

4. I am horrible at making decisions. If someone asks what I want to do, or where I want to eat, I will always say, "I don't know. What do you feel like?" I would much rather have someone else make a suggestion that I can accept or decline than put my opinion out there to be rejected.

5. I could shop all day, every day. Just walking into a store fills me with a sense of excitement and anticipation. It's a little sick.

6. I own approximately 50 pairs of shoes. I went into my closet to count them and was really surprised. That's a low number for me. It's been up in the hundreds before.

7. I watch shows on decorating and cooking and I cannot do either.

8. I won a national typing contest in high school. If you don't believe me, look at my typing score on my facebook page and try to beat it.

9. I have three best (girl) friends - Chyresse, Rebekah and Leah. Chyresse has been my friend since preschool and Rebekah and Leah have been my friends since I was in first grade. I would do absolutely anything for those girls.

10. I could eat cereal every morning for the rest of my life.

11. I worked as a hostess and waitress at Luna Pizzeria in Clovis for ten years, and I think everyone should have to wait tables at least one day before being allowed to eat in a restaurant.

12. I started baby-sitting in jr. high, and the first two people I ever baby-sat are now my friends on facebook (they're brother and sister). That makes me feel old.

13. I will be an advocate of the epidural until the day I die.

14. I love to dance and was really sad when the choir no longer got to do choreography in the church Christmas programs. I bet I can beat any of you on Dance Dance Revolution.

15. The only thing I truly feel I can do as well as, if not better than, most people is talking with and teaching children. It is definitely my gift. That is why I taught preschool before I had my son. In all other areas of life I usually feel completely inadequate, but when I'm with kids, I'm in my element.

16. Sometimes I just want a whole day to myself, and I wonder why I didn't appreciate those days when I had them, B.C. (Before Colson)

17. I permed my hair in junior high and high school. Bad, bad memories.

18. Out of four years in college, I only received one B. The rest were A's. Don't get me started on my one closed-minded professor who disagreed with me on everything because I was a Christian, and changed his attendance policy AFTER I brought it to his attention that he deducted points for bad attendance but did not add points for perfect attendance.

19. Bad grammar drives me crazy. I know the English language is difficult, but learn it and move on. Was/were, your/you're, went/gone, apostrophes after someone's name even if it's just their name with an "s" and there is no object after it are just a few examples that make my skin crawl when done or misused. I still love all of my friends and family, even if they are the offenders, but just know that I notice. All of it. If it helps, let me tell you that when I was young, I thought "chihuahua" was pronounced just like it's spelled, and I once ordered a "petite" dish of ice cream and pronounced it "pe-tight." So I'm not perfect, either.

20. I got 100% on my driving test. The one in the actual car, not the written one.

21. According to my extended family in Georgia, I am a great liar. Have you ever played Mafia? I tricked them every time.

22. I love to organize things. Closets, drawers, shelves. I have never been to the Container Store, and I feel that the excitement of going inside one might be too much for me to handle.

23. I love IKEA. I never get tired of walking around that store.

24. I wish that I would have known my grandparents more before they died, and I am so glad that Colson has a close relationship with his grandparents.

25. Music speaks to me in a way that nothing else can. It can perfectly capture a mood, feeling, emotion, or event. Sometimes I wish that we had to sing every part of our day, just like a musical. The world would be a better place.

6 comments:

Whitney said...

I had to comment because I feel a new connection to you... I too own all 7 seasons of Gilmore Girls! I think it is one of the top 5 shows EVER. Thanks for sharing this list :)

Kelly said...

That is a great list! I now have so many questions for you like do you really wear all 50 pairs of your shoes? When you are typing informally do you still use perfect grammar? These are just a few....wow. We really need to have a play date soon!

Carrie said...

I own all seven seasons, too. :) Gilmore Girls. *sigh*

And um...number 25 is hilarious! I'm so glad to know I'm not the only one who has ever thought of that and feels that way!!!

Julie Temple said...

I missed the whole Gilmore Girls thing, I was to into Buffy The Vampire Slayer. I have all those on DVD :-)

Michelle Temple said...

I don't know anyone else like me that likes their burgers plain. That is awesome. My moms says I have never grown up in that department. I really hate mayo, and I will always take my burger back if they leave the stuff on. Adam always says "Just wipe it off". You would understand, that is not an option.

Unknown said...

Hi Anne-Marie....it's Pam Baker. We have #22 in common! Except I HAVE made the mistake of entering a Container Store. All I remember is the hyperventilating then my sister-in-law waking me up. Just kidding!