Thursday, October 9, 2008

Legal Stalking

I have a confession to make: I'm a stalker. Are you familiar with Cedarmont Kids? The cd's and dvd's that are sometimes downright cheesy, but the prices are wonderful? Colson has been watching the Action Bible Songs and Silly Songs DVDs for several weeks now. They trump even his Baby Einstein videos. So after what feels like hundreds of viewings, I feel like I personally know these children that come into my home through the television each day, sometimes several times a day. I began wondering what they might look like now, and questioning if singing all of those great spiritual songs helped keep them rooted in their faith now that they are in their early to mid-twenties. Well, since they show each child along with his/her first AND last name at the end of each DVD, I decided to look some of them up on facebook and myspace. When my husband saw what I was doing, he said, "And this is why they shouldn't put kids' full names on a DVD that anyone can buy." I suppose he's right. I've only looked up a few of them, the more prominent singers, but it's crazy to see how much they've changed and yet still look the same, at least in their faces. I guess I've always been intrigued by the real people behind productions, whether it be movies, videos, or even reality TV. I think we all want to know the authentic person and feel like we know them better than the average Joe. I also think about Colson, and how I'm pouring everything I can into him so that he will have a strong moral compass and faith. I wonder, will it be enough? What makes some children stay strong in their faith while others toss it aside for things of this world? I've known both kinds of people, and they've all had Godly parents. It just makes me want to pray for these kids as well as my own son. In the age of technology and the mentality that everything is okay as long as you think it's okay, I want something more for our future generation. I want men and women who will stand for what's right and care for others more than themselves. Yet another reason to pray without ceasing...

1 comment:

Dawn T said...

What a great post, thanks for sharing your heart.