Monday, October 20, 2008

I Love...

...children's Tylenol. Who's with me? Colson has been up throughout the night for the past two nights, resulting in one tired boy and one exhausted mommy. Since he slept so poorly, that means that naptimes were great, right? WRONG! One hour yesterday, one hour today, and he normally naps for three hours. Let's do the math: that's not one, but two hours that I have been shortchanged each day! So tonight, we put him to bed at 7:30 p.m., one hour earlier than his normal bedtime. And yes, I'll admit it; I gave him Tylenol "just in case" he needed it. No, he didn't have a fever, and no, I don't know for sure that anything was hurting him, but let's just say that it is now 9:09 p.m. and he hasn't made a peep, other than coughing every thirty minutes. Am I the only mom that's done this? Anyone else care to confess? Side note: as I type this, I feel my nose running and my throat beginning to get sore.

4 comments:

Gayle said...

Ann-Marie,
You are so not alone! However, I've actually found Motrin works better for my kids, especially for fevers. But yes, I have done the same thing, especially when they had been teething. It helped them sleep easier, therefore resulting in an overall much happier family! :)

jhatwig said...

I so feel your pain! Ava just did the same thing...while family was visiting ofcourse. Hang in there:)

Kelly said...

For sure Ive done that. No one wants to hear fussy baby. Haven has been fussy lately too cause of her teeth and it was about to drive me insane! So yes, we have been utilizing the Tylenol lots lately :)

Sara said...

The secret is out- this is key to survival as a mom! But I'm with Gayle- Motrin all the way!