Friday, July 25, 2008

Another Reason to Love Sunday...

...besides church, which is the most important. As mentioned in my last blog, my two favorite shows are ending this Sunday. Another favorite, however, is just beginning.
Mad Men is an incredibly well-written show that hooks me every week. Part of the reason I enjoy it is because I watched Season 1 with my mom last summer when I was right in the middle of my postpartum depression. Watching it with her was like an escape. But beyond that, it's very interesting and, from what my mom says, pretty realistic. The women are smoking and drinking while pregnant, and the office is an old boys club, with the men treating women pretty poorly. It's set in the 1960's and looks at the ad men of the day. I'm thrilled that Season 2 is just a few days away. Save me a seat on your couch, Mom!

1 comment:

Carrie said...

I've been wondering about this show and since I know you already have great taste in television shows (Gilmore Girls), I might just have to check it out!