Saturday, July 17, 2010

Cooking Lesson

My blog title should have you intrigued, because if you know me at all, you know that I don't cook. I don't like to do it, and on the rare occasion I attempt it, it's not always edible. But pretend that you don't know me. Then when I tell you that I have one recipe that is not only edible but quite scrumptious, you might actually believe me. It's called S'More Cookie Bars, and you might eat the whole pan if left alone with it.

Here's the part where I am going to pretend to be a fancy cook like The Pioneer Woman who shows "the players" aka the ingredients. As you'll see, my recipe, which I got from a book (I'm not claiming to have actually thought of it; I was just smart enough to try it), has a mere seven ingredients. Technically, only six are in the recipe, but I threw in another one because I am such a confident cook.
Preheat oven to 350.
In 13x9 baking dish, combine 1 1/2 sticks melted Imperial spread with 3 cups graham cracker crumbs; press to form even layer. Sprinkle evenly with 1 cup chocolate chips, then 1 cup butterscotch chips, then 1 cup marshmallows. (Before the marshmallows, I added 1 cup peanut butter chips, because how can you go wrong with more sugar? And I didn't even measure them. That's how confident I am.
Pour one 14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk evenly over mixture.
Bake 25 minutes or until bubbly. On wire rack, let cool completely. To serve, cut into squares.
Seriously yummy! So go ahead, try them, enjoy them, and make them for your friends. But don't make them for any event that I'll be attending, because that's what I'll be bringing.

6 comments:

Rebekah said...

Those look awesome! Your brownies on Friday night were very good too!!

jhatwig said...

WoW!!! on so many levels. First, it looks sooo yummy. Second, You can cook!!! I know you say you can't, but I bet there is a chef in you somewhere :)

Unknown said...

I think I am going to the store right now so I can make these.

Amy Brooks said...

WINNER!!!!!

Tami said...

Once you drove off, I completely regretted not taking you up on your offer to keep some at the house. 3 just wasn't enough.

Unknown said...

I'm making this before we head out of town. You cannot go wrong here. Perfect ingredients. Yummy.