Monday, October 5, 2009

A Note to My Uncle

I'm going to miss you, Uncle Tom. Even though you lived in Atlanta, I always felt like you were close by. You loved being with family more than anyone else I know. You were always the last one to go to bed and the first one to be up and ready to see people. You opened your home to all of your nieces and nephews and made us feel welcome and loved when we were in your presence. You and Aunt Carol raised three wonderful children. I am so glad that you are now free from cancer. Please know that I loved every moment spent talking and laughing with you. I am having a hard time imagining life without you. I only hope that the people in my life who I care about will know, without a doubt, that I love them, the way I know that you loved me.




2 comments:

Gayle said...

Ann-Marie, I'm so sorry for your loss. From your post and pictures it looks like your uncle Tom was a wonderful man with a great smile! Prayers for your entire family, especially with the loss of Danny's aunt!

Carrie said...

I'm so sorry! It sounds like he was a wonderful man!