Monday, September 21, 2009

Playland

I've been so "potty preoccupied" that I have neglected to blog about anything else! A few weekends ago, we took Colson to Playland for the first time. Joining us were Grandma and Grandpa, Uncle Tim, Aunt Bre, Bella and Gavin, Aunt T, Marissa and Angel (Tishawn's foster children), Uncle Matt, Auntie Aletha, and friend Colby, along with his parents Roland and Katie. Colson is the perfect age for almost all of the rides! And at $10 for unlimited rides, it was a great deal. Our first ride -the helicopters
Paddle boats
Ladybugs - I'm pretty sure that this was his favorite. I lost track of how many times he rode.
The Tilt-a-Whirl was the one ride I didn't think Colson could handle. But Danny thought it would be fine, so even though HE wouldn't go on it, he had Colson go with Colby and his dad. The ride began; Colson smiled. The ride continued; the smile faded. The ride continued; Colson began pointing to Mommy. The ride went on; I could hear Roland saying, "Mommy's right over there." Thankfully, he didn't cry. But as soon as he got off, he said, "Mommy?" as in "Mommy, should I cry right now or is everything going to be okay?" I told him it was all done and he said, "That was a pretty fast one!" That's now become the name of that ride - the pretty fast one.
The train - now that's more our speed!

1 comment:

jhatwig said...

That looks like a lot of fun! I didn't know you could do unlimited rides. I may have to check that out.