Warning - detailed potty training post! :)
It's going pretty well, actually. We've had a couple of pee accidents in the last two days, but several victories. On Friday, I was in the bathroom getting ready and I heard Colson say, "Pee, Mommy!" I came running and he had seated himself on his toilet and started peeing. He told me that he peed a little in his room. I checked, and yes, there were a few drops on the carpet. But he remembered to go to the toilet instead of standing there in his room. Yes! About an hour later, I saw him go in, sit on his toilet, and say, "Not yet. Try again in a few minutes." He was running around w/out anything on this whole time, which seemed to make it easier. Last night and today we kept underwear and a shirt on him. While at Grammy's house, he came in from outside several times and said, "I need to go potty." It wasn't until about six times later that he actually did, but it was a bowel movement, and I was just thrilled that he kept taking the initiative to come and try, rather than needing us to ask him all the time. He stayed dry during naptime, like he has all week long, and after waking up, we sat on the toilet for about 3-4 minutes looking at books until he peed. The "potty parties" are still in full effect, and I bought enough jelly beans to take him into high school. We're keeping Pull-Ups on him at night, because I need at least a few hours in the day when I can relax.
All in all, I'm wiped out and thoroughly tired of thinking about pee and bowel movements, but I'm very proud of Colson. The first real tests will be this week - we have Litttle Gym class, a meeting at church, and Bible study. He'll be in the nursery for the latter two, but Grandma will be in there to help him. Sometimes I feel like diapers are much easier because you can change them whenever you want, but I know this is important for his independence, and I'm hoping that it will be come automatic enough for him that he won't regress too much when baby comes. If you actually read this entire post, bravo to you.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Way to hang in there!! And yes, I did read the whole post :)
You can do it, Mom!!!!!
But beware of independence. Soon, they start thinking for themselves and forming their own ideas. Before you know it, they're LYING!
Post a Comment