Thursday, February 19, 2009

Working Woman

I've been subbing every morning at Maple Creek Preschool for a week and a half. It's the longest stretch that I've worked since having Colson. Here are some pros and cons of being a working mom:

PROS
1) I get to drop Colson off at my mom's and let her take care of breakfast
2) I am around kids who say, "Teacher, I like your hairstyle"
3) By the time I pick Colson up, it's only another hour until nap time
4) Colson looks even cuter after being away from him the whole morning
5) I don't have time to shop and spend money

CONS
1) I have to leave the house, dressed, with Colson, by 7:40 a.m. I suppose I could go undressed and leave a few minutes later, but then I'd have other issues
2) I feel stressed about getting things ready for the next day
3) I miss Wednesday morning Bible study
4) I miss the library story time
5) I don't have time to shop and spend money

I have one more day, and while the other teachers are trying to bribe me to stay, I'm looking forward to waking up on Monday morning and enjoying unhurried time with Colson. I have an even greater appreciation for working moms than I did before this week, and I am also incredibly grateful that I am able to stay home with Colson.

2 comments:

Julie Temple said...

You're a good mama. I am working now a few days a week at the church and I think Daniel would agree with pro #4 whereas I relate to con #4. Gotta love this economy!

jhatwig said...

I might be working more next month. I think it is hard to be a working mom! I noticed when I worked more I didn't spend so much money either. We would miss you at L.Gym!