I took the plunge - I did a freezer cooking session. I was inspired by Megan, my blogging buddy who did a session...while 36 weeks pregnant! I thought, "If she can cook thirty meals in that state, surely I can cook 14." I did. And I will probably never do it again. It was a LOT of work. It made me realize that I do not own very good pots, pans and utensils. I do know that I will eat every single meal that I made, even if I don't like it, because I worked hard! Danny's excited that dinner will not be an optional meal for the next few weeks. Tuesday, February 24, 2009
First-Timer
I took the plunge - I did a freezer cooking session. I was inspired by Megan, my blogging buddy who did a session...while 36 weeks pregnant! I thought, "If she can cook thirty meals in that state, surely I can cook 14." I did. And I will probably never do it again. It was a LOT of work. It made me realize that I do not own very good pots, pans and utensils. I do know that I will eat every single meal that I made, even if I don't like it, because I worked hard! Danny's excited that dinner will not be an optional meal for the next few weeks.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
you are so sweet! Part of the reason I think I was crazy enough to do it was because of that crazy nesting energy that comes at the end. I'm impressed you did it in your right mind!!! Did you use a book?
What recipes did you make???? The only freezer recipe I know is lasagna!
I think you will like it!! I started doing it off and on after our MOMS session on freezer cooking. I am always looking for a freezer cooking buddy.
14 meals is a big accomplishment! I did five and was tired:( I think it gets easier once you do it more, now to figure out what recipes taste good!
I used the recipes for the two week plan in the book "Once a Month Cooking." They also have two full-month plans, but I wasn't brave enough to take that on. I'm sure we'll like some and won't like others, and then I'll know which ones to make again. I just checked it out from the library but I'll probably buy it on amazon. I also found another one called Fix, Freeze, Feast that looked pretty good.
Way to go! Sara and I are getting ready to do a session...I also want to have some meals on hand for post-baby craziness! I'm with you even 2 weeks seems like a big goal. We'll see what we come up with. Pass on any great recipes that you love.
Post a Comment