I was inspired by Tami Stinson, an amazing woman of God who spoke at MOMS Cafe this week. She stressed the importance of teaching our children about God: who He is, how to hear his still, small voice, and how he is always with us. It really made me stop and think about my days with Colson. How am I using every possible opportunity to point him to God? One small thing I decided to start this week was to get out his Toddler Bible at nap time and read one story each day, pray, and put him down for his nap. The first day, I opened to the first story, and he shouted, "Star!" (it wasn't quite that easy to hear, but a mother always knows what her child is saying.) We read about how God created the heavens, the earth and the animals. Then we prayed, thanking God for creating everything. How simple was that? I'm almost ashamed that I hadn't started it sooner. The best thing is, every day since then he has pointed to his Bible and signed, "More."
Tuesday, February 24, 2009
Every Opportunity
I was inspired by Tami Stinson, an amazing woman of God who spoke at MOMS Cafe this week. She stressed the importance of teaching our children about God: who He is, how to hear his still, small voice, and how he is always with us. It really made me stop and think about my days with Colson. How am I using every possible opportunity to point him to God? One small thing I decided to start this week was to get out his Toddler Bible at nap time and read one story each day, pray, and put him down for his nap. The first day, I opened to the first story, and he shouted, "Star!" (it wasn't quite that easy to hear, but a mother always knows what her child is saying.) We read about how God created the heavens, the earth and the animals. Then we prayed, thanking God for creating everything. How simple was that? I'm almost ashamed that I hadn't started it sooner. The best thing is, every day since then he has pointed to his Bible and signed, "More."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment