Sunday, December 21, 2008

We Love The Little Gym!

Colson attends the "Beasts" class every Wednesday at The Little Gym. It's literally a two-minute drive from our house. I've met some great moms there who I now call friends, and Colson's made some wonderful friends, too. He has learned so much; when he first started, he could barely crawl. Now he runs, jumps, swings on the bar, and walks on the balance beam. He's learning to stand in line and wait for his turn, too. I absolutely love it! We'll be switching to the Monday class in January so that I can attend the Esther Bible study at church. If you've never been, call them up and schedule a free trial class.
One of Colson's favorites - jumping on the Air Track. It's like a big bounce house without walls.
Another favorite - swinging on the bar. Next to him is his good buddy, Ava, who invited Colson to her birthday party at The Little Gym
Still another favorite; okay, I guess he pretty much likes everything, including his teacher, Miss Mariel (helping Colson roll across the "doughnut" into a forward roll/somersault)

This is where Colson learned to clean up his toys - he puts the balls away as soon as Miss Mariel begins singing the clean-up song. To his right is another good buddy, Claire, who attends with her twin brother, Will
Bubble time!

The class always ends with stamps - on his hands, feet, and last week, tummy. He kept lifting up his shirt the rest of the day to see if they were still there.

2 comments:

Gayle said...

Awww!!! Too cute! I love how they have such great activities for the age of each kid. Sure looks like Colson loves it!

Natali said...

Thanks for posting this- I've been wondering about it for my son, Keegan, who is now 19 months and would be a "beast" too. I think we'll try to trial class!