Friday, August 1, 2008

Do I Laugh or Cry?

As I left tonight to go to the Beth Moore simulcast at People's (which was fantastic, and if you have $25 and a free morning tomorrow, you should go), Colson was crying/screaming in Danny's arms because he didn't want me to leave. When I got home, I noticed that one of our picture frames was no longer upright on the table but lying face-down. Danny said, "You're probably wondering why this isn't up anymore; I'll tell you." Apparently, Colson sobbed for twenty minutes before Danny could get him calmed down. He did, though, and they played, read books, went for yogurt, and came back. When they got home, Colson walked by our entry table, which has the picture of the three of us that I use on here for my profile picture. He stopped, pointed to me in the picture, and said, "Anh?" (this is a non-word, and he uses this sound whenever he is asking a question). He did it again, and when Danny didn't respond, Colson started crying huge tears! So Danny had to put it down in order for Colson to calm down again. That made me laugh and cry at the same time! I just adore that little boy. Side note: He had his sixth, yes, sixth, haircut today.

3 comments:

Kelly said...

Kids - they definitely yank on your emotions!

Jacinda said...

Laughing and crying. The only time I remember doing that is when I was pregnant. It's a very strange feeling! It feels good to be loved!

Carrie said...

That has to be the funniest thing, ever! I thought you were going to say that he grabbed the photo and broke it and Danny was trying to hide it from you! Your story was much better!