Sunday, June 1, 2008

I've Become An Adult

What would make me say this? When I was younger, I remember hearing people (mostly women) talking about the holidays and how they ate horribly, or, towards the end of spring, mentioning how they weren't ready for bathing suit season. And so they did what I am about to do, which will finally make me an adult, a grown-up, if you will... I'm starting a diet. Yes, that's right - tomorrow I and five friends are starting the South Beach Diet to jump start that weight loss that we're all striving for. I can't say that I'm looking forward to it, especially since I eat cereal and a banana EVERY day for breakfast, and both of those are now forbidden "fruit." So long, carbs. Bye-bye, bread. Farewell, fruit. This isn't good-bye forever, but it will probably seem like it during these two long weeks that I am not allowed to see you. Blogging friends, tomorow morning as you wake up and make your breakfast, think of me as you eat that muffin or chomp on that cereal.

5 comments:

MamaLieder said...

So hows the no carb thing?

Ann-Marie said...

I'm not gonna lie - it's not my favorite! If I can get through these two weeks I'll be able to add fruit and whole-wheat stuff back in, which will be great!

Jacinda said...

Yeah, but have you weighed yourself yet? You lose serious lbs. fast, and then it's like ok, maybe this is worth it. I'm actually doing South Beach this week too. Just one week. Next week I'm on vacation eating an ice cream sandwich and corn dog from Disneyland. They're awesome! How's that for honesty? Good luck, You can do it! So what are you eating for breakfast? I'm eating eggs. Yuck!

Ann-Marie said...

I love it! You're so funny. Yeah, I'm already losing weight, so it will be worth it. I want this to be my jump-start to eating healthier and exercising again like I did before Colson. But your Disneyland meal sounds much better than eggs, which is what I'm eating (except for today - I had the almond smoothie. Not so great.)

Gayle said...

Oh you're so brave. There is no way I could give up carbs. Granted I could certainly eat better but I have to have my carbs. My husband did the South Beach and it worked well for him. I got used to eating dinners with him based on the diet and that wasn't too bad - as long as I could eat other things during the day! :)

Good luck and I do know that after the 1st 2 weeks it gets better and you apparently don't crave the carbs as bad.