Sunday, June 15, 2008
South Beach Update
I'm about six pounds thinner and ready for Phase 2! Phase 1 was hard for me at first, but it's been getting easier. It's been okay eating eggs in the morning, but lunch and dinner are getting a little boring. It would be better if I liked vegetables, but I'm much more of a fruit person. Now I'll finally be able to add fruit and whole wheat carbs back to my days. Hooray! It's all worth it - my pants are finally fitting better. The most fun has been that I'm doing this with three friends, and I know that has helped me do better than I might have done otherwise. During Phase 1, I attended a Pump It Up party with pizza, ice cream, and cake, a picnic with free ice cream, kettle corn, and cookies from vendors, and a bridal shower with fresh fruit, gigantic Costco cupcakes, and homemade cookies, and I DID NOT CHEAT!!! I am extremely proud of myself, because I have NEVER had enough willpower to resist junk and only eat the good stuff (not that fruit is junk, but it's forbidden in Phase 1). It can be done! And now...hello, bread!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
You are awesome! Way to go. It sucks, but when you see the lbs. shed it's all worth it!
I wasn't able to stick with it so I am really impressed by your dedication!! I am so thankful I did it though (for all of 5 days)because as a result I found out that I am lactose intolerant! I can't tell you how happy I am to know there might be something I can do about my frequent upset stomach. And I haven't gained back the 3 pounds I lost =) Yay south beach!
Post a Comment