Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Isn't It Ironic?

I had a yard sale with my parents and sister a few weekends ago. I absolutely love yard sales - putting on price stickers, dealing with the earlybirds, watching people who try to steal things (yes, it's happened, with a young boy whose mom was coaching him, and yes, I caught him); the list is endless. I love that I get cash for things that I no longer want - so what if I paid $30 for that shirt and I'm only getting $2 for it? It's money that I didn't have before! But the irony of it all is that I make my money - usually between $100 and $200 - and what do I do? I buy more "stuff" that will most likely end up at a yard sale table in just a few short years. So, if you see something in my house or on me that you like, it could eventually be yours for a very reasonable price!

2 comments:

Rebekah said...

I must learn from your example and clean out more stuff! Good job!

April said...

Ironically this post makes me want to listen to Alanis Moorissette! :) I agree, I've been in the clean out mode lately! It does seem like a funny cycle we go through. Good insight!