Thursday, May 13, 2010

Carmel Trip

Growing up, my parents, sister and I would travel to Carmel several times a year. My great-aunt had a small cottage just minutes from the beach. I have wonderful memories of our trips, even the it-seems-like-days-but-it's-only-been-twenty-minutes walks along Pacific Grove with my parents. Well, my aunt has passed away and the cottage is no more, but my wonderful mom and dad have brought the tradition back. We started out in hotels but have switched to renting houses. It's much better, because after the kids go to bed, the adults can still hang out, talk, watch movies, and eat Klondike bars. We tried out a different house on this last trip and we all loved it. I can't wait for our next getaway!
Colson did everything his cousins did. Literally. Everything. The whole weekend.
Beyond excited to sleep in a bunk bed, and in the same room as his cousins
First beach experience
Mother's Day!
Monterey Bay AquariumI wish Colson hadn't figured out that smiling is a choiceBlowing bubbles in the backyard (that caption is for you, Danny)Up at 6:30 am, watching Tom and Jerry with their aquarium animals, compliments of Grammy

No comments: