I am one of those parents. The kind that vow, "I will never, and I mean never, let my child have a pacifier past their first birthday," and then watch the birthdays come and go. "Just a little while longer," I kept saying. And truthfully, that pacifier has gotten us through some rough times. But it's time. Time to say good-bye. All week I've been mentioning to Colson that he's getting SO big, and pretty soon his pacifier will "break" (aka get snipped by Mommy's scissors when he's not looking) like his other ones (he used to have six; don't judge me) because his mouth is getting big, too. But, guess what? Once that happens, we get to go to Build a Bear and make a Big Boy Bear!! (can you hear the excitement in my voice as I tell him this?) We even went to the mall two days ago to look at the bears and see what he might want whenever that magical day came. Well, today, it came. "Mommy, my pacifier breaked! I'm a big boy!" was what I heard this morning when he went to sit in his crib for a few minutes after breakfast. So, we called Daddy at work and told him the "good news." Tonight, when Danny gets home, we're all off to Build a Bear. $20 well spent. I'll let you know how the night time goes...Friday, April 23, 2010
The Time Has Come
I am one of those parents. The kind that vow, "I will never, and I mean never, let my child have a pacifier past their first birthday," and then watch the birthdays come and go. "Just a little while longer," I kept saying. And truthfully, that pacifier has gotten us through some rough times. But it's time. Time to say good-bye. All week I've been mentioning to Colson that he's getting SO big, and pretty soon his pacifier will "break" (aka get snipped by Mommy's scissors when he's not looking) like his other ones (he used to have six; don't judge me) because his mouth is getting big, too. But, guess what? Once that happens, we get to go to Build a Bear and make a Big Boy Bear!! (can you hear the excitement in my voice as I tell him this?) We even went to the mall two days ago to look at the bears and see what he might want whenever that magical day came. Well, today, it came. "Mommy, my pacifier breaked! I'm a big boy!" was what I heard this morning when he went to sit in his crib for a few minutes after breakfast. So, we called Daddy at work and told him the "good news." Tonight, when Danny gets home, we're all off to Build a Bear. $20 well spent. I'll let you know how the night time goes...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I'm not judging at all! I know you're an awesome mom! The plan sounds perfect and even if it's a rough night he'll be over it soon =) Good luck!
Post a Comment