Friday, February 19, 2010

Birthday Countdown

A few weeks ago I checked out a toddler activity book at the library. And every day I've looked at it, thought, "There are probably some good ideas in there," then done the same old things with Colson. Finally, I opened it up and discovered a fun idea, just in time for Colson's birthday next Saturday. I printed "Countdown to Colson's Birthday" and a picture of a cake onto a piece of tagboard. Then, Colson helped me make a paper chain with enough links for all the days until his birthday. He got to tear one off yesterday and one this morning. He'll continue to rip off one each day, with the final one coming off on his birthday. We hung it up on the hall closet door so he can look at it often. I can't quite believe that he'll be three in one more week!

No comments: