Friday, November 13, 2009

The Room is (Almost) Done!

I couldn't be happier with how our little girl's room is coming together. It makes me smile every time I walk into it.
The view when you stand in the doorway - the walls may look white, but they're actually a lovely cream/light tan shade that looks quite nice. My wonderful husband painted everything. The crib wall; I'm working on a large "C" to hang in the center of the wall. By "working," I mean having Danny spray paint it. But, since it's a paper-mache letter, that's not working so well. I see another trip to Joanne Fabrics in my future to buy another C and some acrylic paint.
The wall opposite the crib
The wall opposite the bed; the closet is to the right if you're facing this bookshelf. This will probably be the only time you'll actually be able to see the shelves. I tend to fill up storage spaces quite quickly.
One more look
And, if for any reason the ultrasound was wrong, this bedding comes in boy colors, too! Instead of pinks and peach, it has lime green and turquoise. Now that's planning ahead.

5 comments:

Megan said...

How exciting Ann-Marie! Loving that you have a bed in there too- how convenient. And the dark furniture is GORGEOUS!

Ann said...

Would you paint the pink wall tourquoise or lime green if it is a boy???

Ann-Marie said...

Probably turquoise. :)

Rebekah said...

It is BEAUTIFUL!!! Great job! I love it all!!

jhatwig said...

Ooh, I love it! How does Colson feel about it? Or does he even care? Ava never took much interest in Darcy's room.