Monday, June 8, 2009

One Old Friend, One New Favorite

Are you looking for some TV entertainment? Sunday nights offer two great shows! The first, which I've watched since it started a few seasons ago, is The Next Food Network Star.

I blogged about it last year and I'm doing it again. It is SO fun to watch and makes me quite glad that people have incredibly low expectations about my cooking, if you can even call it that. I get exhausted as soon as the challenge is described to the contestants. First challenge? Catering a meal for 75 Food Network stars and executives. Can you even imagine?

The next show is already halfway over, but I think HGTV is showing reruns during the week of past episodes.


This show takes five couples, living in one neighborhood, and challenges them to redo a different room in their houses each week. The couple who does the weakest job is eliminated. The catch? They have to design and execute everything themselves! There is a carpenter assigned to them, but the couples are in charge and have to be judged by HGTV stars. Talk about intimidating!

These shows make me extremely glad that I am not critiqued (openly) for things that I love to do. Watch and enjoy!

1 comment:

Carrie said...

I've never heard about the second show...that sounds like fun!