Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Easy, Last-Minute Countdown to Christmas


There are so many Advent Calendar ideas out there, it's overwhelming.  Thankfully, I found this post and knew I could make it.  I decided to do a 12 Days of Christmas Countdown so I wouldn't have to come up with as many items.
 I used rope, two 3M hooks, clothespins, paper bags, and these adorable, free number printables.

Once that's done, I decided what would go in each bag.
For Day One, my children will get to "shop" the World Vision catalog and choose something that we can purchase - fruit trees, ducks, drinking water; something that will help others in need.
 The remaining items are small, fun toys and candy that they'll enjoy.  Here's a sampling, and I'll put the complete list of my ideas at the end.




On the 1st day of Christmas
We looked inside to see
A chance to help someone needy.

On the 2nd day of Christmas
We looked inside to see
2 packages of Smarties.

On the 3rd day of Christmas
We looked inside to see
A doughnut date for our family.

On the 4th day of Christmas
We looked inside to see
A new Christmas DVD.

On the 5th day of Christmas
We looked inside to see
Ornaments to hang on our tree.

On the 6th day of Christmas
We looked inside to see
Candy canes that taste so yummy.

On the 7th day of Christmas
We looked inside to see
Hex bugs so creepy-crawly.

On the 8th day of Christmas
We looked inside to see
Flashlights to help us see.

On the 9th day of Christmas
We looked inside to see
Pez snowmen with some candy.

On the 10th day of Christmas
We looked inside to see
Jamba Juice to keep us healthy.

On the 11th day of Christmas
We looked inside to see
Dollar bills to spend at Dollar Tree.

On the 12th day of Christmas
We looked inside to see
Toothbrushes to keep us plaque-free.




No comments: