Are you like me? Do you have several necklaces but end up wearing the same few over and over because you can't remember what you have? My previous "display" was a plastic hanger, but the necklaces kept sliding to one end. Several Pinterest pictures and a trip to Home Depot later, and I have my solution!
One threading rod ($1.97), one set of mug hooks ($1.98) and ten minutes of my time produced this little number! It makes me happy every time I walk in my closet.
Now, onto the morning routine. My son is starting KINDERGARTEN in a week. I know, I don't look old enough...anyway, he's been doing more things independently and I wanted to encourage that while minimizing my nagging helpful words. This was more of a project, but being a former preschool teacher, I love doing things like this! I took pictures of every step of his routine and made cards using my digital scrapbook program (Memory Mixer - worth every penny). Each item has a number in the order that he should complete it. When he finishes a task, he flips the number card to reveal a happy face.
If you are interested in doing something like this but don't want to go to the trouble of printing and taking pictures, the dollar section at Target has pocket charts the same size as this RIGHT NOW with white cardboard tabs in each section. You could hand write each item or print it on printer paper and simply attach to the cardboard with a clip art picture. My son is quite excited to use this and I'm looking forward to his increased independence!
2 comments:
So why can't he go potty before he eats breakfast??? LOL!!!
Ha! He can, but usually he doesn't, and this way I figure he's going right before school, so hopefully he won't even need to go at school.
Post a Comment