Thursday, July 5, 2012

My Version of a Summer List

I love all of the summer lists and activity charts out there. I've pinned and pinned some more. But when I got to thinking about my kids, I realized that I needed to know what we were going to do before the actual day. So I came up with this:
Our monthly summer calendar!
I found a template of a monthly 5-day calendar online and printed it onto scrapbook paper (cut to printer paper size). I then trimmed it to 8x10 size and put it into an inexpensive frame (Target). I chose projects from my various Pinterest boards as well as daily activities and wrote them with wet-erase markers. My husband laughed a little, saying, "Why don't you just type that stuff into your phone?" I realized that it is the preschool teacher in me that loves the lesson-plan-type board. It makes me feel like, yes, I have a plan; no, I won't be going crazy on this day. And if plans need to change, I can easily erase and re-write.

No comments: