I often used geoboards in my preschool class. They are great for developing fine motor skills. So when I saw how to make one on Pinterest, I got to it! Here's the original: http://www.mamajennblogs.com/2009/08/make-your-own-geoboard.html
I bought a small wood board at Michaels and spray painted
it. My two-year-old chose gold. :)
I bought push pins at Target and hairbands at Dollar Tree.
I did a Google search for graph paper and printed one that was about 1.5 inches apart.
Once the graph paper was taped to the board, I took one push pin and hammered it into each space, taking it out when I was done and making the next hole. That way, when all the holes were made, I didn't have a whole set of push pins in and no way to take off the graph paper. Once the holes were made, I took off the paper and hammered in all of the push pins.
The finished product! I made two so that both of my kids can use them at the same time, and I - hopefully - can get something done around the house.
No comments:
Post a Comment