The rain has forced me to pull out all the stops to keep Colson entertained. Luckily, I taught preschool for seven years! Here's an easy activity that we did often in the classroom.
Materials needed: cardboard box (I used an empty Ziploc box so that it would be easy for Colson to hold), paper, paint, marbles, spoons, and cups.

Put a small amount of washable paint into a cup and drop the marble in. Stir it until the marble is coated with paint.

Place the marble inside the box, on top of the paper.

Have your child move the box up and down and side to side so the marble will roll and "paint" the paper.

Cue the cheesy smile!

When we were done, we gave the marbles a bath. This quickly became Colson's new favorite activity and it lasted for a good twenty minutes, which is an ETERNITY for a two-year-old.
1 comment:
I love this idea! I will definitely be copying it. Love Colson's smile too :)
Post a Comment