I had a meeting at our house last Saturday, so Danny and Colson decided to experience Build-A-Bear for the first time. Danny said the sales people saw him coming a mile away. "Oh, you've never been here before? Come right this way..." Colson was very excited to pick out the perfect new buddy. Danny first steered him away from a Hannah Montana bear, then away from a Rainbow bear, until he settled on a cute cream one. Then it was off to pick a heart. They got one that roars. Again, being his first time, Danny did not realize that sounds cost more. He did have enough sense to know that the outfits and accessories probably weren't included. The time came to go to the computers and fill out the "birth certificate." Let me preface this by saying that Colson is in that lovely two-year-old phase where everything belongs, or should belong, to him. Sharing is an ugly word to him that never results in anything good. So, Danny asked Colson, "What is your bear's name?" and Colson promptly replied, "That Mine!" And with that, his bear had a name.

2 comments:
Ha! I love it!! That Mine is adorable! And so is Colson!
It was so good to catch up with you...can't wait to see more of ya!
I'm Carrie's sis-in-law and I saw your Build-a-Bear title and had to check it out...my kids just did that and one of them got the rainbow bear...thankfully she's a girl, so no steering needed, but I just had to tell you I was dying at Colson's bear's name! Awesome. My littlest girl named her bear "Tag"...totally RANDOM! She later changed it's name. : ) You have a precious family!
Post a Comment